*** PLEASE NOTE THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT ***
Although we’ve sold out, you can follow along with other recruiting professionals by following the #DenRec hashtag on your favorite social channel during the conference this week. We look forward to seeing you in 2018!
Join Denver Recruiters and 200+ of your peers for a premier professional development event on Thursday, November 2, 2017 – at the Denver Aquarium. We’re featuring 2 keynote speakers including Steve Lowisz and Mark Landwer. You’ll learn ways to become a more influential recruiter and strategies to attract and hire the right talent. There will also be tremendous networking opportunities with other human resources and talent acquisition professionals throughout the region and multiple prize drawings!
Here’s what is included in your registration:
- SHRM Credits
- Exclusive #DenRec swag!
- Continental breakfast and beverages in the morning
- Snacks and beverages during the networking break
- Wifi access
- Complimentary parking
- Prize drawings
- The best regional peer networking with Recruiting and HR professionals on the planet
Who’s coming? 200+ HR and Recruiting professionals throughout the Rocky Mountain State, from leading organizations. New to our Recruiting conferences? Check out what attendees from our recent event in MN shared about their experience.
- 8:30 – 9:00: Registration check-in and networking
- 9:00 – 9:05: Conference kick-off (Jason Buss)
- 9:05 – 10:15: 5 Keys to Leading Your Hiring Managers (Steve Lowisz)
- 10:15 – 10:45: Peer Networking Break
- 10:45 – 10:50: Prize Drawings
- 10:50 – 11:55: Pre-hire to post-hire: Your Weakest Links (Mark Landwer)
- 11:55 – 12:00: Wrap up
With nearly two decades of experience in the recruitment industry, Steve Lowisz is a highly sought after trainer and speaker on all things talent. After leading both sourcing and staffing engagements for companies across the globe, he has a unique perspective of the talent acquisition industry, its challenges, and its unique and changing opportunities. Steve’s passion is to educate and equip recruitment professionals and hiring executives with the tools and techniques required to create effective recruitment functions and processes. His unique and sometimes unconventional delivery style is engaging, challenging and thought
Steve’s passion is to educate and equip recruitment professionals and hiring executives with the tools and techniques required to create effective recruitment functions and processes. His unique and sometimes unconventional delivery style is engaging, challenging and thought-provoking for recruiters new to the industry all the way up to the experienced CEO seeking the best talent.
He knows the ins-and-outs of recruiting, the competitive landscape, and what success looks like. Mark’s presentation will focus on taking a closer look at the recruiting process from pre-hire to post-hire and identify where so many recruiters and companies are falling short.
With 22 years of human resources and talent acquisition leadership experience as a practitioner, Jason Buss is a recognized expert with deep experience in identifying, recruiting and hiring high-performing teams. He is the vice president of global talent acquisition for MongoDB.
Jason has authored and published content in and has been quoted by The Huffington Post, Fast Company, Bloomberg, MarketWatch, Society for Human Resource Management, Corporate Executive Board and more.
He is also the founder of the Recruiters Network and serves as the president and community leader for several of the nation’s largest and most active regional recruiting communities including Minnesota Recruiters, California Recruiters, Wisconsin Recruiters, Michigan Recruiters and Oregon Recruiters. You can connect with Jason on LinkedIn and Twitter.
5 Keys To Leading Your Hiring Managers (Steve Lowisz)
In this presentation, globally recognized recruiting and HR expert Steve Lowisz will present the five keys to leading your hiring manager during the recruiting process, including proper intake, effective communication, applicant analysis, metrics utilization, and credibility. Participants will learn how to define their role as the recruiter and drive effective metrics and techniques that improve the quality of hire and accountability. Participants will also learn detailed practices to implement in their hiring manager relationships today, such as asking the right job intake questions and efficient needs identification. Key Takeaways:
- How to establish yourself as a leader and expert in the hiring process as the recruiter
- Leveraging proper intake, analysis, and metrics to effectively communicate with the hiring manager
- Establishing a healthy professional relationship with the hiring manager in which the needs for each open position are established and recognized
- Open lines of communication through every step of the recruiting process to alleviate common issues and disconnect between recruiters and hiring managers
From Pre-hire to Post-hire: Where Is Your Weakest Link? (Mark Landwer)
Your candidate experience is only as good as the weakest link in your process. Do you treat your candidates like potential future employees throughout the recruitment process? One trend we’re seeing in the recruitment space is the morphing of the candidate and employee experience into more of an overall company experience. In this session, you will learn how this new-school approach can set expectations for future employees and optimize your candidate experience so you can make the best hires now and in the future. By effectively utilizing the recruitment, screening and human capital management tools you have at your fingertips, learn how to make holistic improvements from recruitment to background screening and onboarding.
Key learning objectives:
- Understand which stages of the job search and hiring process are more frustrating for candidates, and learn how to identify the weakest links from pre-hire to post-hire.
- Discover the preferred communication methods for both employers and candidates in each step of the hiring process.
- Uncover candidate perceptions and attitudes that can inform your future strategy.
Please note space is limited for this event, tickets are available on a first come, first serve basis. All registrations are non-refundable, however, may be transferred to a peer or colleague should a conflict arise.
Space is limited, so reserve your spot today!